Search

Conference in Stockholm 23th and 24th August

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2024, 05:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Conference in Stockholm 23th and 24th August

Dear all,
I have been lucky enough to be invited to a Conference in Stockholm which will take place on 23th and 24th August.

I took ten days off from work and would like to tour a bit before the Conference. I am arriving on the 16th and leaving the day after the Conference.

I am from Argentina and I have never been to Scandinavia. I know my time is incredibly short, so I would try to make the most of it.

May be someone who is familiar with the area would be so kind to help me plan my supershort visit to Sweden.

Many thanks
Laura

Old May 17th, 2024, 09:37 AM
mjs

I think it really depends on your interests. Argentina has many lovely dramatic scenery from Patagonia to The mountains and deserts of Salta to the wine country of Mendoza, Mountain side resorts such as Bariloche or even Ushuaia. Are you interested in more such scenery or are you oriented more towards cities?
Old May 19th, 2024, 02:37 AM

Suggestions

You will be arriving on Aug 16th and I know that's a long trip as I have flown out of Buenos Aires before. You'll need to get settled in at your hotel but on Saturday and Sunday I suggest you get out and stroll around. You can go to Stadsholmen, which has the Old Town called Gamla Stan, the Royal Palace, the Nobel Prize Museum, and various other sights. There is an island called Djurgården which contains museums, such as Vasa Museum and Skansen, which is an open air museum. For a view over Stockholm city, you can go to Mariaberget on Södermalm. There are tours to Drottningholm, where the King and Queen of Sweden reside. Check out www.stromma.com for boat tours.
During the weekdays before the conference you could perhaps take a ferry to Visby on Gotland for a night. I am sure as you start to do research you will find lots of interesting places for day trips or an overnight trip.